Love never fails

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My heart stopped beating for a minute

 So today was Cameron's surgery date. Got up at 4:30am an was out the door by 5:20am. Cam pretty much slept the whole way there an even slept while they took him back to put him to sleep ha ha yes he was already asleep when they put the mask on him. I guess it was about 8:30am when they finally  took him back. They called me in the waiting room to keep me updated. After about an hour or so the dentist who did the procedure came in and told me everything went very well that he got 4 crowns on his molars an should be good to go. Told me once they got him more awake they would call me back to recovery. Then the anesthesiologist came in an said Cameron did very well and that he was being slow coming out of it but would be able to go see him in about 10 or 15 Mins. Not even 5 mins later he comes running out waving for me to follow. When I get back there all I hear is a loud groggy noise which comes to be my 7 year old son fighting to breath. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. They tell me his tonsils have swollen up after pulling the tubes out an he is not breathing very well on his own!! The stats or whatever they were calling them which I'm guessing is the oxygen in his blood needed to stay above 93% yet it kept dropping down to the 80's. I was terrified an watching the doctors kinda panic made me panic. The kept pressing there thumbs into his neck behind his ears to help him breath. Looked painful an well turned out to be painful once he awoke. The doctors just kept saying we need to keep stimulating him to keep his airway open. After a few hours we finally got him stable and they moved up back upstairs to a room. Even after getting him upstairs he didn't wake up right away. Luckily Melissa showed up(robs sister) an helped me stay sane while they yelled WAKE UP over an over an over again. They kept trying to stimulate Cameron but he fell back into the troubled breathing we experienced downstairs. The nurse said he was pausing between breaths to long and called the doctor to come up. He came in an said it was crucial i get him to an ENT asap like that day if possible but if not i need t get in touch first thing in the AM and get him in. Said the tonsils have to come out real soon or could cause lots of health problems. He asked me to call cams pediatrician right then an there an let him talk to her but it was lunch time so no answer. He even left me his personal number to give her when i finally reached someone. They said the more Cameron woke up the better he would be an the easier he would be able to breath. I watched my baby gasp off an on for hours. It was devastating an scary. I prayed god would watch over him and keep him safe. He answered my prayers =) After several cold wet rags an drinks of apple juice an a few loud CAMERON WAKE UP OPEN YOUR EYES he finally came around. He had slept so long an was still so drugged up he had a tiny accident an thank goodness Melissa had come because she was so nice enough to go an buy Cameron some underwear an shorts to wear home. The nurses even gave him 2 dollars to buy an ice cream on the way home which made his day. I don't think he will have much memory of the whole incident an I'm glad. We are home an he seems to be okay. Says his throat is still pretty sore which makes me super nervous. Pretty sure he will be bunking with mom tonight in her bed. Tomorrow morning we shall be calling the doc an getting a referral to an ENT and getting this straightened out. I don't think i could take another episode like that. It was almost as if he had swallowed a baseball an was trying to breath with it lodged right in his throat =( mommy stayed strong but i don't ever want to feel that way again. My baby was watched over an i have to thank god he is safe an home.

   So on to the next thing!! Finally get home just in time for Robert to call an say hey i have your car running an I'm driving it home. Not 30 mins later he is calling saying he is broke down on the side of the road about 30 or 40 mins away. ugh really could this day get any worse!!! So he has to call a wrecker to come get him an the wonderful car. Talk about great frigging day. Not to mention the tension between everyone in the house.... I'm pretty sure we have over stayed our welcome at my parents......I'm tired i need to lay down so until next time ahhhhhh!!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment